Where has my ad gone?
Are you sure it hasn’t just expired? Most ads have 30 days on site. Look for it in your inactive ads just in case.
If not, then it’s us. We’ve either deleted your ad because there was a lot to change and it’s easier for you to create a new one, or we’ve put it in an edit state. If it’s in edit, you’ll need to tweak it a little and re-post it from your ‘Manage my Ads’.
Another reason could be that we've blocked your account from being able to post on the site. This could have happened because you broke our rules and we made a decision to restrict your access, or your account was hacked.
We always send an email if there was something wrong with your ad.
What do I do if I've been hacked?
Contact us. We'll need you to change your password and confirm to us that you've done so. Once we're sure that you're the rightful owner of your account and the password is changed, we'll send in a request to reset your account status. Here's a page to help you identify how you were hacked, and tips to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Top reason we delete
What now? You need to post a new ad and make sure you change what needs changing.
Making an ‘edit’ ad live
If you find we’ve put your ad into an edit state:
And now? We’ve left your ad in an edit state. You can find it in the ‘Manage my Ads’ tab. Just change what needs changing and re-post it.
If it’s still a mystery, let us know. We can check what’s happening for you.
- I've had a bad experience on the site
- Am I safe if I used Paypal?
- When should I contact the police?
- I work with the police. How can I contact you?
- How do I post an ad?
- Which location should I post in?
- Which category should I post my ad in?
- How can I put photos on my ad?
- Are ads on Gumtree free?
- Do you have rules for posting ads?
- What can’t I buy or sell on Gumtree?
- Motors Posting Rules
- For Sale Posting Rules
- Pets Posting Rules
- Property Posting Rules
- Jobs Posting Rules
- Tickets Posting Rules
- Services Posting Rules
- Community Posting Rules
- Am I dealing with a good user?
- Do I have Payment Protection on Gumtree?
- Is the Payment Confirmation e-mail I've received real?
- Is this e-mail/sms from Gumtree?
- How can I recognise fake money?
- I want to update my ad
- Do I get a refund?
- How do I add features to my advert?
- How do 'Featured Ads' work?
- How does a 'Bump Up' work?
- How does 'Homepage Spotlight' work?
- How does the 'Urgent' feature work?
- I can't find my ad. What now?
- How do I search for ads?
- Can I save ads or searches for later?
- How does messaging on Gumtree work?
- How do I know how my ad is doing?
- I have an account but forgot my password
- Buying Pets Safely
- Buying & Selling Cars