When should I contact the police?
When you’ve suffered from fraud or you think you’ve bought something stolen.
Report it to your local police station as soon as you can. They’ll give you a crime reference number and follow up the case. If they need more information, they’ll contact us. We’ll then do all we can to help.
Try the seller one more time
Before you go to the police, try the seller again to solve things yourself. It might not be fraud or stolen goods. The seller might just be bad at responding to you, or a bit slow sending things out.
Making a police report
It's easier to go to your local police station or call them on the non-emergency number. They can usually take your report over the phone. Some even have an online system you can use. Here's a list of the UK's police forces.
The police might ask you for the following:
Going to a small claims court
If the police decide it’s a civil dispute instead of a crime, they might suggest taking civil action. That means going to a county court to try and recover your money.
A police officer can help you with this. But you’ll need the name and address of the other person before they can.
Here’s some more information about making a claim.
Getting Action Fraud involved
Action Fraud is the UK’s national fraud reporting centre.
If you’ve suffered from fraud, report it to them – as well the police and us. You can do it through their website, where you’ll also find extra help and support. Or you can call them on 0300 123 2040.
Action Fraud will give your report to the police, who might get in touch with you to ask for more information before they investigate. You’ll need to follow up with the police rather than Action Fraud.
- I've had a bad experience on the site
- Am I safe if I used Paypal?
- When should I contact the police?
- I work with the police. How can I contact you?
- How do I post an ad?
- Which location should I post in?
- Which category should I post my ad in?
- How can I put photos on my ad?
- Are ads on Gumtree free?
- Do you have rules for posting ads?
- What can’t I buy or sell on Gumtree?
- Motors Posting Rules
- For Sale Posting Rules
- Pets Posting Rules
- Property Posting Rules
- Jobs Posting Rules
- Tickets Posting Rules
- Services Posting Rules
- Community Posting Rules
- Am I dealing with a good user?
- Do I have Payment Protection on Gumtree?
- Is the Payment Confirmation e-mail I've received real?
- Is this e-mail/sms from Gumtree?
- How can I recognise fake money?
- I want to update my ad
- Do I get a refund?
- How do I add features to my advert?
- How do 'Featured Ads' work?
- How does a 'Bump Up' work?
- How does 'Homepage Spotlight' work?
- How does the 'Urgent' feature work?
- I can't find my ad. What now?
- How do I search for ads?
- Can I save ads or searches for later?
- How does messaging on Gumtree work?
- How do I know how my ad is doing?
- I have an account but forgot my password
- Buying Pets Safely
- Buying & Selling Cars