How do I report something to you?
If you come across something that upsets you or makes you suspicious, click the ‘Report this ad’ button. Or get in touch with one of our agents.
We’ll take a look (usually within a few hours) and decide what to do next. Here's a quick guide that shows you how to report ads.
We’re here 24/7, every day of the year to help.
Someone’s sent me a suspicious response to my ad
If the response makes you suspicious, don’t respond yet. First, look for signs of a scam. Because if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
You’ve sent me a safety alert
It’s because we think you might be speaking to someone suspicious.
Someone’s scammed me
Get in touch with us straightaway.
We’ll get on the case immediately and give you advice on what to do next. We’ll also work hard behind the scenes to protect our other customers.
We work very closely with the police and their fraud teams and often share information with them. If this happens, we’ll guide you through what happens next.
Disputes with Gumtree
We recommend that all complaints and disputes should be raised with our Customer Support team. They will make every effort to resolve your issue with us. The European Union has launched the European Online Dispute Resolution platform which can be found here, however we do not use this service to settle disputes.
- I've had a bad experience on the site
- Am I safe if I used Paypal?
- When should I contact the police?
- I work with the police. How can I contact you?
- How do I post an ad?
- Which location should I post in?
- Which category should I post my ad in?
- How can I put photos on my ad?
- Are ads on Gumtree free?
- Do you have rules for posting ads?
- What can’t I buy or sell on Gumtree?
- Motors Posting Rules
- For Sale Posting Rules
- Pets Posting Rules
- Property Posting Rules
- Jobs Posting Rules
- Tickets Posting Rules
- Services Posting Rules
- Community Posting Rules
- Am I dealing with a good user?
- Do I have Payment Protection on Gumtree?
- Is the Payment Confirmation e-mail I've received real?
- Is this e-mail/sms from Gumtree?
- How can I recognise fake money?
- I want to update my ad
- Do I get a refund?
- How do I add features to my advert?
- How do 'Featured Ads' work?
- How does a 'Bump Up' work?
- How does 'Homepage Spotlight' work?
- How does the 'Urgent' feature work?
- I can't find my ad. What now?
- How do I search for ads?
- Can I save ads or searches for later?
- How does messaging on Gumtree work?
- How do I know how my ad is doing?
- I have an account but forgot my password
- Buying Pets Safely
- Buying & Selling Cars