Do I get a refund?
Possibly. We’ll try our best. But it depends on the situation.
When we can’t refund you
Important info: There are more situations where we can’t refund you than the list above. If we feel you’ve breached any of our terms and conditions, we have the right to take your ad down without a refund.
Ads in edit status
If we’ve asked you to edit your ad (your ad will state 'Needs edit' under your active ads), you can re-post it after you make the changes we emailed you about.
We won't need to refund you because the ad has been paused, and will resume the ad duration once you re-post it. If you featured the ad, you won't lose any time off this either - it's paused as well. In short, the advert will resume exactly the way it was when we took it off the site.
What about VAT?
When you pay, we’ll send a VAT receipt to your personal email address. If you can’t find it, check your junk folder. If there’s still no sign of it, get in touch and we’ll resend it.
- I've had a bad experience on the site
- Am I safe if I used Paypal?
- When should I contact the police?
- I work with the police. How can I contact you?
- How do I post an ad?
- Which location should I post in?
- Which category should I post my ad in?
- How can I put photos on my ad?
- Are ads on Gumtree free?
- Do you have rules for posting ads?
- What can’t I buy or sell on Gumtree?
- Motors Posting Rules
- For Sale Posting Rules
- Pets Posting Rules
- Property Posting Rules
- Jobs Posting Rules
- Tickets Posting Rules
- Services Posting Rules
- Community Posting Rules
- Am I dealing with a good user?
- Do I have Payment Protection on Gumtree?
- Is the Payment Confirmation e-mail I've received real?
- Is this e-mail/sms from Gumtree?
- How can I recognise fake money?
- I want to update my ad
- Do I get a refund?
- How do I add features to my advert?
- How do 'Featured Ads' work?
- How does a 'Bump Up' work?
- How does 'Homepage Spotlight' work?
- How does the 'Urgent' feature work?
- I can't find my ad. What now?
- How do I search for ads?
- Can I save ads or searches for later?
- How does messaging on Gumtree work?
- How do I know how my ad is doing?
- I have an account but forgot my password
- Buying Pets Safely
- Buying & Selling Cars