What should I know about your payment protection services?
We don’t have any. So if someone offers you our services, it’s definitely a scam.
If they offer you protection from eBay, PayPal, Google or another high-profile site, go to their website to find out more. Be very careful about following any links or instruction they send you - it's safer to go to the site yourself.
Here’s what a scam payment protection email could look like:
Similarly, you can get some of these messages from people on our site's messaging system. We urge you to be careful when you get these kinds of contacts. Here's what one would look like. This one is asking the buyer to deal through PayPal - Family and Friends, and saying why PayPal - Services won't work well for them, which is an excuse.
- I've had a bad experience on the site
- Am I safe if I used Paypal?
- When should I contact the police?
- I work with the police. How can I contact you?
- How do I post an ad?
- Which location should I post in?
- Which category should I post my ad in?
- How can I put photos on my ad?
- Are ads on Gumtree free?
- Do you have rules for posting ads?
- What can’t I buy or sell on Gumtree?
- Motors Posting Rules
- For Sale Posting Rules
- Pets Posting Rules
- Property Posting Rules
- Jobs Posting Rules
- Tickets Posting Rules
- Services Posting Rules
- Community Posting Rules
- Am I dealing with a good user?
- Do I have Payment Protection on Gumtree?
- Is the Payment Confirmation e-mail I've received real?
- Is this e-mail/sms from Gumtree?
- How can I recognise fake money?
- I want to update my ad
- Do I get a refund?
- How do I add features to my advert?
- How do 'Featured Ads' work?
- How does a 'Bump Up' work?
- How does 'Homepage Spotlight' work?
- How does the 'Urgent' feature work?
- I can't find my ad. What now?
- How do I search for ads?
- Can I save ads or searches for later?
- How does messaging on Gumtree work?
- How do I know how my ad is doing?
- I have an account but forgot my password
- Buying Pets Safely
- Buying & Selling Cars