How do I search for ads?
Do I need to have an account with you to look at ads?
No, but it will make things a whole lot easier if you want to contact someone, save an ad, or set a search alert to look at later.
How does search work?
You’ll start off using the search bar on the Gumtree homepage. You can choose the category, location and the type of search you want to run here. This will start you off in the direction you want to go in, but you can be a lot more specific once you get to the listings.
On the listings page you’ll see there are more search options on a panel on the left. This panel lets you narrow down price, location, subcategories, etc. If you’re looking for an apartment, you’ll have options like how many rooms you want the place to have, and more property related options. Same thing with cars – you’ll be able to choose the make, year, mileage, and things like that.
What is radial search and how does it work?
This helps you decide which location you want to look in. What it means is, that you can broaden your search a little. If you’re looking for a job in your area, but you’re willing to travel up to 5 miles away from your location, you can add this to your search.
This means you’ll now get results for the job you’re looking for in your location, and up to 5 miles away from your location as well. It gives you more options, but doesn’t take you too far away from home.
I’ve searched for something but can’t find it right now. What do I do?
Set a search alert! We’ll send you an email when people post something that matches what you were looking for, so you don’t have to keep going back and looking every day. You can save an ad you like as well. Just click on ‘Favourite’ when you’re on the ad page.
- I've had a bad experience on the site
- Am I safe if I used Paypal?
- When should I contact the police?
- I work with the police. How can I contact you?
- How do I post an ad?
- Which location should I post in?
- Which category should I post my ad in?
- How can I put photos on my ad?
- Are ads on Gumtree free?
- Do you have rules for posting ads?
- What can’t I buy or sell on Gumtree?
- Motors Posting Rules
- For Sale Posting Rules
- Pets Posting Rules
- Property Posting Rules
- Jobs Posting Rules
- Tickets Posting Rules
- Services Posting Rules
- Community Posting Rules
- Am I dealing with a good user?
- Do I have Payment Protection on Gumtree?
- Is the Payment Confirmation e-mail I've received real?
- Is this e-mail/sms from Gumtree?
- How can I recognise fake money?
- I want to update my ad
- Do I get a refund?
- How do I add features to my advert?
- How do 'Featured Ads' work?
- How does a 'Bump Up' work?
- How does 'Homepage Spotlight' work?
- How does the 'Urgent' feature work?
- I can't find my ad. What now?
- How do I search for ads?
- Can I save ads or searches for later?
- How does messaging on Gumtree work?
- How do I know how my ad is doing?
- I have an account but forgot my password
- Buying Pets Safely
- Buying & Selling Cars