How does Homepage Spotlight work?
This features places your ad on the Gumtree homepage. While the other features will make sure your ad stands out within the category you’re advertising in, the Homepage Spotlight will be visible to all users, even before they run a search.
The photo below is from the site's main page, with a mix of ads that are recommended to me, as well as some featured with the Homepage Spotlight. You'll see the featured ads have a tag on them that reads 'Spotlight'. So as a buyer I know that that seller has invested in the sale of their item.
How do I buy this feature?
If you haven’t got an ad yet, start by creating one. You’ll see the option to buy the feature while you’re creating the ad. If you already have an ad, go to your ‘Manage my ads’ page and find the ad you want to feature. You can either click on ‘Promote’ and choose this feature, or ‘Edit’ your ad and choose the Homepage Spotlight feature from the edit page.
Why can’t I always see my ad on my homepage?
Since a lot of people use this feature to increase visibility, and because all of these ads are featured on the homepage, ads are displayed in rotation. This means that it may not be there the first time you load the homepage, but you’ll see it if you refresh. We want every ad to get equal exposure, and by rotating ads, all ads are visible to people at some point.
Good to know: This feature is active on your ad for seven days, and doesn’t add to the ad’s original lifespan.
- I've had a bad experience on the site
- Am I safe if I used Paypal?
- When should I contact the police?
- I work with the police. How can I contact you?
- How do I post an ad?
- Which location should I post in?
- Which category should I post my ad in?
- How can I put photos on my ad?
- Are ads on Gumtree free?
- Do you have rules for posting ads?
- What can’t I buy or sell on Gumtree?
- Motors Posting Rules
- For Sale Posting Rules
- Pets Posting Rules
- Property Posting Rules
- Jobs Posting Rules
- Tickets Posting Rules
- Services Posting Rules
- Community Posting Rules
- Am I dealing with a good user?
- Do I have Payment Protection on Gumtree?
- Is the Payment Confirmation e-mail I've received real?
- Is this e-mail/sms from Gumtree?
- How can I recognise fake money?
- I want to update my ad
- Do I get a refund?
- How do I add features to my advert?
- How do 'Featured Ads' work?
- How does a 'Bump Up' work?
- How does 'Homepage Spotlight' work?
- How does the 'Urgent' feature work?
- I can't find my ad. What now?
- How do I search for ads?
- Can I save ads or searches for later?
- How does messaging on Gumtree work?
- How do I know how my ad is doing?
- I have an account but forgot my password
- Buying Pets Safely
- Buying & Selling Cars